When deciding on which 2009 individual income tax return to file, there are three basic IRS tax forms that need to be considered. The three basic IRS tax forms are (1) Form 1040EZ, (2) Form1040A or (3) Form1040. This article will focus in on Form 1040EZ, which is the shortest form and by far the least complex of all the forms.
Form 1040EZ was introduced and developed through IRS or the internal Revenue Service department as simpler version of 1040 form. There are 3 basic form to choose with while filing your tax return: Form 1040, Form 1040A and Form 1040EZ. 1040EZ version is not only the simplest version among the three but also the shortest one which requires lesser information on your part. Further here we will discuss regarding the Form 1040EZ and who all qualify to file their returns through this form.
Apart from the above-mentioned criteria, a taxpayer should also meet the following conditions in order to use form 1040EZ to his/her advantage:
Your earning should only constitute of salaries, wages, tips, taxable scholarships, unemployment compensation or any qualified state program earnings.
Any tips which you have earned must be reported in your Form W-2 by your employer.
You should not have received any advance earned income credit payments.
You do not owe any wages paid to your household employee.
You do not wish to claim any additional deductions for real estate taxes, disaster losses or motor vehicle taxes.
You should not be a debtor in a bankruptcy case.
The very reason of designing of form 1040EZ was to keep it very simple so that individual taxpayers and prepare and file it without any fuss. Any complex adjustments and deductions were kept out of this purview of this form. Involvement in following financial activities would prevent you from using this form:
- Capital gain transactions in a tax year.
- Sole proprietorship business or any home based small business that files a Schedule C.
- In case you have to receive or pay Alimony.
- You plan to claim any IRA deductions.
- You plan to claim any social security benefits.
- In case you meet the following basic requirements, you can use form
- You should not have taxable income in excess of $ 100,000.
- Your filing status should only be single or married filing jointly.
- Taxpayer and his/her spouse should be under the age of 65 years and not blind.
- You do not plan to claim for any dependents.
- Interest income received by you in a tax year is less than $ 1,500
- You do not plan to claim any deductions or adjustments in your income.
In summary, using a tax preparer who is either a Certified Public Accountant or an enrolled agent is a good choice since those individuals are professionally trained and skilled to assist you in filing your tax return. With current technology, it’s easy to send your tax information in a secured manner to your tax preparer and save the time of traveling to the tax preparer’s office or storefront. Also, you should consider having your tax return filed electronically e-file.
Visit this link to more information: http://www.thaisraelcc.com/federal-1040ez-easy-tax-form-for-individuals/